Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bettyjo Update - Setback

Tuesday the ENT told Bettyjo that she could begin swallowing her spit. She had her 19th treatment yesterday, and late last night she noticed that her shirt was all wet. It appears that the esophagus is not healed and the fistula that was formed earlier is still pushing material to the exterior of her neck. We went to the ER last night and was met by the ENT. He took a CT scan and it appeared that the fluid was tracking to outside of the neck and was not pooling in the neck, and we are to keep the track open until he consults with our regular ENT on Monday.

Needless to say we are all very stunned by this. The wound on the outside looked good, and she was tolerating the Hyperbaric Chamber well. We really..........just don't know what to think or feel. I hate to say this...but my faith is really shaken. I don't know what possible reason God could have for allowing this to continue. I can say with all my being, we have had enough.

7 comments:

Steve and Phyllis Swartz said...

We saw your post this morning, Bob, and have been feeling very bad. We have no answers for you but want you to know that we love you very much.
Steve Swartz

Anonymous said...

Yes, you have.

Anonymous said...

We feel the same as Steve and Phyllis, just really really sorry and bad for you. Love, Candice

Anonymous said...

So sorry. I don't know what else to say. ~ Marsha

Anonymous said...

I just read this on Monday afternoon, Bob. I echo everyone's sentiments. It's just awful and I can't tell you anything you don't already know. I am so, so sorry.

Love,
Vicki

Anonymous said...

...you are not alone in this, God certainly has a plan. Pray that soon, he will shed some light on whatever it may be.
-thougths and prayers,
Scott and Karlie

Rick said...

Tammy read this to me from our home e-mail Bob. I am so sorry for this very frustrating, no, exasperating setback. I can understand how this would shake your faith, but don't let this defeat it! We will continue to pray for healing for Bettyjo, Bob. If there is anything else we may possibly do, please do not hesitate to let me know.