Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Cleveland Clinic Appointment

Bettyjo saw Dr. Alam at the Cleveland Clinic today, and he has scheduled surgery for February 28, 2008 @ 7:30am. The surgery will take up to ten (10) hours to complete. He will take a patch of skin from her left forearm, along with a vein for blood supply. He will remove the damaged section of esophagus, and form an esophagus from the patch. She will then have a skin graph on her forearm.

She had some pre-admission testing today, but will need to be at the Clinic on the 27th @ 9:40am for the remainder of her pre-admission testing.

She will be in the hospital for at least a week, and the estimated total recovery time is six (6) months.

Please pray for Dr. Alam, the surgery team, and most importantly for Bettyjo that this will be the last surgery/procedure for this condition, and that her healing will be complete. Pray for the girls and me as we juggle schedules, traveling, ect. and that we will all be patient and "wait upon the Lord"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. We will be praying...tom and candice

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that they feel they can do something to help. I'll be praying for all of you. ~Marsha

Anonymous said...

Something concrete at last! I am glad that they can do something for you. Y'all continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Stephanie

Rick said...

Will do. You're in our thoughts and prayers up here... all of you, and will continue to be. I'm thankful that there seems to be something positive that can be done now. I'm going to post your post on my blog as well, Bob, so any of my readers can join in in praying as well.

Anonymous said...

Rick sent me over here....Its his fault.. No really its awesome and glad he did.. Cause I have been going to Cleveland Clinic for the past 6 months after 21 years of various doctors telling me IM too risky and the thought of having brain surgery was out of the question. Well newsflash CCF (Cleveland Clinic Foundation) IS the best HOSPITAL IN THE USA! Please feel free to email me with any questions with hospital, parking, lodging... I have been through it all.

Ill chime in just a little ..

morning of surgery you will drop her off at the Surgery center P BLDG she will report to P20 and you will park in the P4 Garage and access P20 through the second floor ramp.

WOW... I see many people daily when I go to CCF, and I am grateful that here is someone that going to be doing it.

Yeah Im doing the happy dance...

eb500@hondaody.com

Anonymous said...

I was washing dishes tonight and thinking of you, Bettyjo and praying for you.
"Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe." Ps. 61:1-3
Love, Candice