Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bettyjo Update

Bettyjo has gone a full week eating pudding and applesauce, and drinking small amounts of water with blue food coloring in it, and has not leaked. We are very encouraged by this and hopeful that this trend will continue.


One real blessing is that we had a family outing yesterday that included eating out at Cracker Barrel. Bettyjo was able to order water an applesauce. This has not happened in nearly two years.


I have some additional good news to report. My Grandfather, who was diagnosed with cancer this year went for some testing earlier this week, and it appears that the chemo has stopped the growth of the cancer, and he will not be needing additional treatments for at least six weeks. He will be retested and re-evaluated at that time.

6 comments:

Rob said...

Wow! That is great news about your grandfather. I have thought of Bettyjo often this week and think in awe and wonder at what God can do after so much discouraging news. We are celebrating with you these items of good news.

Rick said...

Praise God! Great news on both accounts, Bob! I pray it is a most blessed New Year for you and your family. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Yes, God is still in charge and we love Him.

What a wonderful time to enter the new year with this new glimmer of hope.

We love being with you both.

We loved playing games this week.

Lets do it again.
Marcus and Brenda

Alan said...

Great News, Bob! Best wishes that the news continues to be good for all of 2009!

Anonymous said...

I am still in awe over this turn of events. It's thrilling to see smiles on your faces again. God is so good and I look forward to seeing you grow strong again.

-Robin

Anonymous said...

Yes I am in AWE as well, but I knew things would turn in a positive way,as long as we fight and stand up and pray we will become warriors. I am so happy for BettyJo and your family, and knowing your grandfather is doing better, I can say without a doubt that GOD totally has the upperhand. Sure we can say, Well Gee it could have come much sooner, but oh well it didn't and I hope it continues to be a changing world. GTG

---ernie