Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bettyjo Update

The funnel/tube that is supposed to divert saliva a down Bettyjo's esophagus did not come in this past week. Hopefully it will be in this week and Dr. Willet can install it early next week. We are a little disappointed that Dr. Alam has apparently not called Dr. Willet back. We were hoping the two of them could collaborate on Bettyjo's care, so that the very best action plan could be developed. As most of you know, Bettyjo has a feeding tube that goes directly into her stomach from the out side in. Last night it came out unexpectedly while I was on my way back from visiting my grandfather. Fortunately a lady from church was able to take her to Riverside ER where a new one was inserted. They did not get home until 2:30am. Thank you Karen.

On another note, my grand father starts chemo Monday, and will have it Tuesday, and Wednesday as well. With out the treatment he was given two to eight months. With the treatment, the doctor would not say. My mom and aunt are planning an anniversary party for my grandparents at the first of May, they have been married 67 years.

Thank you for all your notes, thoughts and prayers. We really do appreciate it.

2 comments:

Ernie B said...

THANK you for the updates, now with that being said.. It was nice that someone was able to take the Mrs to the hospital, I'm sorry to hear the doctors are not communicating as well as they should. I eliminated that problem for myself and have all my docs at cleveland clinic and if I happen to fall, the local hospital is to stabilize me and then send me off to CCF via chopper. I'm not saying that no hospital is GOOD, but due to the CCF resources I choose to have everything and anything done there as they are one of the best if not the best.
Sorry to hear about the cancer thing, so chemo is no fun... But then again it could all be much worse.

I know GOD has some amazing plans in place for everyone involved so I'M confident to say that his will be done.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Bettyjo and Bob, hello from the prairies of Kansas. That must have been totally scary to have the tube come out, Bettyjo. I hope it didn't hurt, on top of being scary. We continue to pray about the upcoming surgery and your options. That's disappointing about Dr. Alam. It seems like he should be responding to this, and I'll pray for better communication.
Bob, I'm so sorry about your grandfather. I'm sure that's tough for your family and for you. I'll pray for him, too, for the best possible outcome, and for strength through the chemo.
I still smile when I think of our time on your boat last week. Thank you for sharing that with us!
Please give my love to Murry and Wilson. Try to get some sleep and rest.
Love, Vicki