Saturday, April 5, 2008

Bettyjo Update

Bettyjo saw Dr. Willet yesterday. He is going to order the diversion funnel for Bettyjo, which should be in next week. Surgery will be the following week. He may have to open her up on the vertical, and if he does she will have a trach installed for at least the time she is in surgery and maybe a little longer. In addition to this possible complication, the hole is so high on her esophagus, very near the tongue that Dr. Willit is not sure that Bettyjo will be able to stand the funnel, as it may cause her to gag. The only bright spot to the Dr. appointment is that he said that he is not ready to give up.

On another note, a while back I had asked you to pray for my grandfather and some surgery he had. Well......a biopsy has shown very aggressive cancer. He will see an oncologist Monday for a more concrete diagnosis.

5 comments:

Rick said...

I meant to ask you about your grandfather the last time we talked. I am sorry about the bad news, Bob. You're family continues to be in our prayers.

Ernie B said...

I ditto what rick has said, IM sorry things are not looking good at the moment, I have to say though that GOD doesnt just take a break and I just came home last week from CCF (3rd brain surgery) Your right Doctor doesnt seem to want to give up, nor should he/her
It sounds like BettyJo is in line for some serious downtime, It is times like these that we need to really focus on him, and I know its so hard to do. I have been there and I cant sit here and tell you its easy. cause its not.What helps me is being around brothers and sisters from the Kingdom and listening to worship music. Constant prayer and knowing that his son died on the cross for us, we will never endure the pain that he did.

Steve Camp, Living Dangerously, He covers me
Michael W Smith, Friends
Ray Boltz, Thank you
Rich Mullins, Sometimes by step

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bettyjo and Bob, that sounds complicated and I'm sure it's also very scary. We will keep praying for you and hoping for you. I'm sorry, Bob, about your grandfather. All of this must feel very heavy to carry. I wish you all didn't have to deal with so much...
Love,
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Jerry I. I want you, Bettyjo, and the girls to know that we will continue to pray for you. I want you to know I was sitting at church and they were singing the anchor hold and I thought of your family. No matter what storms we go through I believe god is still with us even though we may not think so. I agree with the other I am glad you do have a doctor that is not willing to give up. Toni wanted to add she learned through a recent bible study of Daniel that sometimes god delivers us before the fire,through the fire, or after the fire but just hold on because our god will show up and take you through the fire again.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.