Friday, March 28, 2008

Bettyjo Update

Bettyjo is on some kind of antibiotic, and the infection seems to be under control. She will be seeing Dr. Willet next Friday, to discuss options.

I think the whole family is just........sort of numb right now. Everything we had been planning for the next year or so hinged on her getting better. And, now that is not so certain. I know, I know that nothing is for certain, even our next breaths, but when you are told by your Dr. that 95% of patients that had the first flap procedure (October 2007) have success, and of the remaining 5% , 90% of those having the radical reconstruction have success that means that only 1 in 200 are at the point Bettyjo is at.

Bettyjo and I are going shopping tonight for some material for her to make a curtain for the kitchen, she and Brenda are going to a movie tomorrow while Emily and I attend the Crew (MLS Soccer) home opener with tickets I won in a drawing at work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you all have fun. I'm still praying for you all. ~Marsha

Ernie B said...

glad to hear things are a little bit more managable...

ernie

Ernie B said...

what is the latest?

ernie