Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bettyjo Update

When I got to the hospital this morning, Bettyjo was doing very well. She was much more alert, and very aware of what is going on. The pain management team was in and they are adjusting and monitoring her pain meds very closely. One thing that concerned me was that there was some discussion among the pain team and the nurse on duty regarding documentation of the pain pump. I have the feeling that Bettyjo may have been getting much more pain meds that she should have been? The wound on Bettyjo's neck looks good, and they have been weeing her off the ventilator. Hopefully she will be able to get out of ICU Friday or Saturday. Which in one sense is too bad. Her care here in ICU has been terrific. She has had great nurses, in a clean room. However, getting out of ICU is one step toward going home, which would be the best by far.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. I do have one request. If any of you have the opportunity, please send Bettyjo a card or note. I try to read all the comments on the blog to her, but I know that cards and notes really perk her up. Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,Girl!
I know you said you wanted pictures of my vacation. Well you will be happy to know that I have already taken two. One of David entering the International House of Pancakes and one of him sleeping at the Hartsfield International Airport. If this vacation gets anymore exciting I don't know if I can stand it!!!

I will be thinking of you and yours and praying for a quick recovery - and no more "incidents" the only other "incident" allowed is the one that I will make in Switzerland. You would make Bob post Bond for me... wouldn't you?

Love ya, Take Care. Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi
Just to let you know we think of Zachrich family a lot. You are in our daily prayers. Hopefully, this is your last hospital stint. I, Levi,am looking forward to good game of table tennis at our outing this fall. I trust you will be up to it by then.

Levi & Cora

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear some good news! We think of you guys a lot. Happy late Mother's Day Bettyjo! Candice